Featured Tip the Day
How to Make a Perfect Hot Oil Bubble Bath
1. Put a rubber mat in to prevent slipping.
2. Fill the tub with water that is toasty warm but
not too hot.
2. Pour in your favorite suds maker, bubble
bath soap or even dish washing liquid.
3. Add one cap full of baby oil. It will stay on the
surface mostly but what drifts onto you will
leave your skin silky soft and moisturized. The
steam will open your pores to deepen the effect.
Natural Ways to Lighten Dark Patches
Natural Home Remedies for Acne
Hand Spa at Home for Dry Hands
By Amada Gillespie, last updated July 13, 2009
Dark patches on elbows, knees, even underarms is a
common complaint. If you have dark elbows, knees or
underarms, here is an effective natural home remedy
that works for many people.. You will need a lemon
and a cucumber.
1. Take a fresh lemon. Squeeze out a quarter cup of
2. Dilute by half with water.
4. Slice the cucumber into thin slices.
3. Take a cotton swab and dab it into the juice and
apply it to the dark patch full strength. Wait half an
hour to see if your skin is too sensitive to the full
strength lemon juice.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water. Dry the area
5. Apply one or two cucumber slices to the dark
patch, taping it there with clear adhesive tape. Leave
on for an hour.
6. Rinse with lukewarm water. Moisturize with
8. Repeat as necessary 3 days a week, checking each
day for irritation
You're just getting started. Find out more tips on skin
care: Home Remedies for Acne / Natural Masks for
Oily Skin / How to Fade Stretch Marks